- What do I need to bring to office for an appointment?
Please bring your insurance card as well a Drivers License or other photo ID and all medications, including vitamins and supplements, OR a current listing of these as well as dosage instructions with you at each visit.
- How do I request a PRESCRIPTION REFILL?
There are four ways to obtain a refill:
- 1) it is best to request refills at the same time as your office visit.
- 2) the next best method is to contact your pharmacy and they will contact us electronically for the refill authorization.
- 3) also, you can request a refill on line through this website and our Practice Portal or
- 4) you can leave a request for a refill on our office telephone refill request line (859) 278-5926 ext. 401.
- How do I find out about my Laboratory Reports and Test Results?
We will notify you of your results within 7-10 business days.
(If you have not received your results within 2 weeks, please contact our staff. To expedite our response, leave a message which includes your name, the test date, the type of test(s) you had, date of birth and where you had the test(s) performed.)
- How does the office handle my telephone calls?
Like most medical practices, we have an automated telephone system. When you call, the options available are:
Urgent Patient Phone Calls- Will be handled immediately. Advise the receptionist that you need to speak with a Clinical Person immediately. (If unsure, DIAL 0)
“Sick” Patient Phone Calls-Will be responded to within five (5) hours the same day as call. Make sure you DESCRIBE YOUR SYMPTOMS and state you are ILL when you leave your message.
Prescription Refill Phone Calls-Will be responded to within two (2) business days.
Test and Laboratory Result Phone Calls-Will be responded to within 7-10 business days.
Referral Request Phone Calls-Will be responded to within 7-10 business days.
Other Medically Related Patient Phone Calls-Will be responded to within one (1) business day.
Patient Account Phone Calls-Will be responded to within two (2) business days.
IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS REGARDING OUR GENERAL POLICIES, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK.
Thank you for being a part of our Practice.
Physicians and Staff of Drs. Borders, Hood & Associates